Guacamole

Hands down of of my favorite appetizer recipes. Not only that but it is completely glorious on tacos, burritos, in taco or tortilla soup or on quesadillas. I mince the ingredients with my handy-dandy Pampered Chef food chopper (that I have had for 5 years + and will NEVER be without in my kitchen.) This is the only picture that I managed to take last time I made it, darn. I will come back next time I make it and post a pic of the finished product. You probably know what guac looks like anyway, right?


adapted from The Best Recipe
4-5 ripe avocados (if they are large ones, only 4)
3 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 small minced jalapeno
1/2 c. minced red onion
2 garlic cloves, minced (with garlic press)
1 t. kosher salt
1/2 - 1 t. ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 c. minced fresh cilantro
Cut avocados in half long-wise and remove pits. With large spoon, scoop flesh from shells. Mash avocados with potato masher, pastry blender or large fork, not completely turning it to mush, leaving a few small chunks for texture. Add rest of ingredients right away. Serve with tortilla chips as an appetizer.

Comments

Brittney said…
Sounds delicious! Your cooking blog is awesome! I had no idea you had one. So I am really wanting a food chopper. Would you recommend the pampered chef chopper over any sort of food processor?
Eliza said…
So, i asked a latina in my ward to spend the day cooking food with me. She said while Americans use lemons, true mexican food is always made with limes. Just tonight I made guac and I only had a lemon on hand, I actually could tell the difference, it was stronger (or I used to much) :)
mgallen729 said…
I like to throw in some roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped. I just think that guac needs a little red color in there. I am all about taste, texture and appearance LOL