Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Guacamole

Hands down of of my favorite appetizer recipes. Not only that but it is completely glorious on tacos, burritos, in taco or tortilla soup or on quesadillas. I mince the ingredients with my handy-dandy Pampered Chef food chopper (that I have had for 5 years + and will NEVER be without in my kitchen.) This is the only picture that I managed to take last time I made it, darn. I will come back next time I make it and post a pic of the finished product. You probably know what guac looks like anyway, right?


adapted from The Best Recipe
4-5 ripe avocados (if they are large ones, only 4)
3 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 small minced jalapeno
1/2 c. minced red onion
2 garlic cloves, minced (with garlic press)
1 t. kosher salt
1/2 - 1 t. ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 c. minced fresh cilantro
Cut avocados in half long-wise and remove pits. With large spoon, scoop flesh from shells. Mash avocados with potato masher, pastry blender or large fork, not completely turning it to mush, leaving a few small chunks for texture. Add rest of ingredients right away. Serve with tortilla chips as an appetizer.

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Sounds delicious! Your cooking blog is awesome! I had no idea you had one. So I am really wanting a food chopper. Would you recommend the pampered chef chopper over any sort of food processor?

Eliza said...

So, i asked a latina in my ward to spend the day cooking food with me. She said while Americans use lemons, true mexican food is always made with limes. Just tonight I made guac and I only had a lemon on hand, I actually could tell the difference, it was stronger (or I used to much) :)

mgallen729 said...

I like to throw in some roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped. I just think that guac needs a little red color in there. I am all about taste, texture and appearance LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails